Katy Perry - Teenage Dream
NEW White /Pink Cotton Candy Scented Vinyl
1. Teenage Dream 3:47
2. Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.)
3. California Gurls (featuring Snoop Dogg) 3:54
4. Firework 3:47
5. Peacock 3:51
6. Circle the Drain 4:32
7. The One That Got Away 3:47
8. E.T. 3:26
9. Who Am I Living For? 4:08
10. Pearl 4:07
11. Hummingbird Heartbeat 3:32
12. Not Like the Movies 4:01
1. Teenage Dream 4.5/5 - Great catchy pop song to start out the album. Although it would have been the anthem of the summer had it been released first, it works just as well as a back to school mid-tempo and is possibly the biggest stand out of the album.
2. Last Friday Night (TGIF) 3/5 - Basically, it's just a song about partying. Very Kesha-esc, but the party girl persona doesn't fit Katy as well. The song is very catchy, . It's still a cute song though and would definitely be a hit.
3. California Gurls 4/5 - Yeah, it was overplayed, but it's a great pop song nonetheless. Not much more to say here, other than that the line "I really wish you all could be California girls" by Snoop Dogg is removed at the end.
4. Firework 4/5 - I feel people are too harsh with this song. It reminds me a lot of the song "Animal" by Kesha. Starts off slow with a nice dance beat coming in on the chorus. It's positive lyrics are great, . It's the third single,.
5. Peacock 4/5 - Catchy. Not sure what to say about those lyrics, though. It's pretty straight forward. Guilty pleasure for sure.
6. Circle the Drain 4/5 - Electro/pop/rock, musically it reminds me of "Trust a Try" from Janet's "All For You" album. Lyrically, it tells off ex-boyfriend Travie McCoy (that's the rapper in that "Billionare" song you've been hearing as well as the lead singer of the Gym Class Heroes if you aren't familiar with his name.) who is (or was, at least) supposedly an addict. Good anti-drug message, although there are a few f-bombs in there, if you're cautious of that kind of thing.
7. The One That Got Away 4.5/5 - One of my favorite Katy Perry songs. Maybe it's just that I can relate to the lyrics a bit, but it's such a cute and bittersweet song. It tells the story of a high-school romance that was going great until the singer slowly lost her man.
8. E.T. 3/5 - Well, for starters, it's not your typical love song. Not really sure what to take out of this one. It's fun and a bit dark production wise. Lyrically it takes on the topic of an alien who is in the form of a hot man.
12. Not Like the Movies 4/5 - Although not up to par with any of the ballads on One of the Boys, it's still a pretty song. The only problem I have with this song is that she had to hold out "I don't know oh oh oh oh oh oh oh-oh-whoa-oh". Why? Just why. ..
Katy Perry - Teenage Dream (Official Music Video
One of the best songs by Perry!
Katy Perry - California Gurls (30 sec. teaser
WHERE ARE THESE CALIFORNIA GURLS I WANNA MEET SOME
Katy Perry ~ The One That Got Away (with lyrics
This song is so good... I can't wait for the video. I think it is the best song on the album... so true.
Katy Perry - Firework official video